Dear Holy Family Parishioners,
It’s likely you’ve recently had a conversation or heard news about the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation here in London, across the country and around the world.
We wanted to check-in and provide an update about what this means for Holy Family Parish.
The health of our parishioners and staff is a top priority, and we’ve taken precautionary steps to lessen the currently low Canadian public risk associated with COVID-19.
- Enhancing our cleaning processes.
- Removing the holy water from the font in the nave to avoid cross contamination.
- Promoting everyday preventive behaviors with our Ministries and teams.
- Encouraging parishioners to stay at home if they are sick.
- Asking parishioners to nod their heads instead of shaking hands during the Sign of Peace.
- Adhering to risk-informed decision-making regarding Parish events as advised by the Government of Canada and the Middlesex London Health Unit (MLHU) https://www.healthunit.com/news/novel-coronavirus . This means that some parish events may be postponed or cancelled. Parish leadership will inform group leaders a couple days in advance of an event cancellation.
We will continue to keep you up to date with any related changes at Holy Family Parish that may affect you. We encourage parishioners and staff to learn more using the information available through Government of Canada Public Health Services: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html.
We are a diverse parish and have loved ones all over the world, including places that are more widely affected than London and Canada. We commit to moving forward with thoughtful consideration given towards our communities, parishioners and staff.