Position Title: Pastoral Worker
Location: Holy Family Parish, London ON
Posting Date: July 3, 2017
Closing Date: July 19, 2017
No. of Positions: 1
- Coordinates faith formation of children ages, 7 to 14 (including children from grade 2 to 8), mostly in preparation for the reception of the sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, Reconciliation, and Confirmation.
- Serves as a parish liaison to our five parish schools, including: Notre Dame, St. Paul, St. Thomas More, St. Marguerite d’Youville and St. John French Immersion.
- Oversees the parish Crossfire program of children faith formation for those children, ages 7 to 14 (grade 2 to 8), who are enrolled in non-Catholic elementary schools.
- Integrates children of parishioners who are enrolled in Catholic elementary schools beyond the parish boundaries of Holy Family, who desire reception of sacraments at Holy Family.
- Organizes faith formation programs as necessary, as help for sacramental preparation, i.e., Confirmation retreats, Learning Centres, Parent meetings, etc.
- Integrates the formation programs into the life of the parish, i.e., Sunday First Communions, Confirmation liturgies, Reconciliation services, Grade 8 Graduation liturgies, school/parish masses throughout the year, etc.
- Is supervised by the parish Director of Pastoral Services
- Works closely with the Parochial Vicar
- Receives administrative support from parish staff
- This position runs concurrent with the London District Catholic School Board schedule, i.e., from early September to the end of June.
- This is a contract position, 15 hours/week.
- Salary as comparable to the London Diocesan Guidelines.
- Education Requirements: Certificate in Pastoral Ministry or Catholic Studies Certificate or equivalent.
- Must be an active, practicing Catholic
- Starting date: September 1, 2017.
Please submit your application to Fr. Bob Remark, Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, July 19, 2017. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.