Reports to: The Mission Support Team Lead
The CPAS at Holy Family Parish is a full time (37.5 hours per week) position responsible for developing effective Parish communication strategies (website management/development), managing internal communications, drafting content for mass media, assisting in the communication of strategies or messages from the Senior Leadership Team, fostering relationships with advocates and key stakeholders and acting as a key support and liaison for the Pastor.
CPAS as a member of the Mission Support Team
The CPAS meets regularly with the Pastor, the Senior Leadership Team and the staff. Discussion will focus on the Mission, goals, objectives and activities which will build up the life of Holy Family Parish to continuously work towards forming disciples who joyfully live out the mission of Jesus Christ.
Qualities & Skills required
- Proven communication, leadership and administrative skills.
- An understanding of the Catholic faith and Divine Renovation.
- A proven ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong computer skills – WordPress, Microsoft Publisher, video/audio editing software.
- Ability to effectively utilize social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment and professionalism in dealing with issues and people on behalf of the Pastor.
- Strong character as a representative of Holy Family Parish in the community.
- Ability to effectively liaise with the Diocese of London communications team.
- Relevant experience an asset.
- Above average communication skills, both verbal and written, in managing the Pastor’s email account, summarizing documents, drafting correspondence, etc.
Main Ministry responsibilities
- Maintain and keep up to date the parish website, Facebook and Twitter feeds.
- Publish the Monthly bulletin, ‘Family Matters’.
- Create and maintain up to date program information booklets of ministries and events at the parish.
- Develop, organize and maintain effective forms of communication to promote and encourage faithful discipleship within the Divine Renovation ‘Game Plan’.
- Maintain communications and advertise/promote parish events and ministries to parishioners, our Catholic schools, the Diocese and the local community.
- Advocate for efficient and effective ways in which the Pastor can be relieved of administrative functions and focus on Ministry.
- Coordinate all scheduling for the Pastor through Outlook, etc.
- Coordinate and be responsible for all internal audio-visual equipment relative to Parish news, presentations, connectivity, etc.
Commensurate with experience and education.
How to Apply
- Please apply by sending an email with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: August 25th, 2019