An Opportunity to Explore the Meaning of Life.
What is Alpha?
Alpha is for:
Anyone interested in finding out more about the Christian faith. Adults of all ages are welcome.
Learning and laughter. It is possible to learn about the Christian faith and to have fun at the same time.
People meeting together. An opportunity to get to know others and to make new friends.
Helping one another. The small groups give you a chance to discuss issues raised during the talks.
Asking anything. Alpha is a place where no question is seen as too simple or too hostile.
Who is Alpha For?
Everyone! Alpha is especially designed for:
- People interested in investigating Christianity
- New Christians
- Christians seeking renewal of their faith in Jesus
- Those desiring to grow closer to God
- Anyone searching for practical ways to share their faith with others
- Anyone searching for hope
Discussion on topics:
- Is there more to live than this?
- Who is Jesus?
- Why did Jesus die?
- How can I have faith?
- Why and how should I pray?
- Why and how should I read the Bible?
- How does God guide?
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What does the Holy Spirit do?
- How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
- How can I make the most of my life?
- How can I resist evil?
- Why and how do we tell others?
- Does God heal today?
- What about the church?
After each talk there is a small group discussion. These discussions provide participants with the opportunity to express their opinions, ask questions, and discuss issues that are raised.
What Others Are Saying About Alpha
Now I can confidently say that I am a Christian. I wrote letters to my parents, siblings, and friends. I have so much inner peace and joy. My life is changing! – KH
Found Jesus! Felt the Holy Spirit. Was amazing! – Anonymous
I felt so at peace and was thankful that I was able to be there and get the true feeling of God. – Deborah
It finally made sense. I understand the importance of the Bible and Jesus’ love for us and how it relates in today’s times. – Caroline
Very meaningful experience. I felt the presence of the Lord. I felt some burdens lifted. – Anonymous
From the very first meeting, we felt this is what had been missing from our lives. It felt like coming home. – Margaret and Keith
For the latest on Alpha at Holy Family, including dates for current and upcoming sessions, click here.